The Checkers were the first professional team in the history of Columbus, Ohio and had a true crest for a logo. They started play in 1966-67 in the IHL the Ohio State Fairgrounds Coliseum and struggled to a last place finish in year one. They would get over .500 in year two with a 32-30-10 record in 72 games and make the playoffs. But that's about the best the Checkers would do. They would have a worse record in year three, but still make the playoffs, before an even worse showing in their fourth season. The Checkers would fold after four years due to poor attendance, but they did make an important contribution by introducing hockey to Columbus, which would become a big league market in 1997.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Ohio.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you're looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you've come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from our t Collection is everything you could ask for: it's warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- Brand: Spreadshirt
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.