The Hampton Gulls started as an expansion team in the SHL's second season. They played at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton Roads, Virginia. The Gulls were immediately successful under coach John Brophy (future Maple Leafs coach and EHL legend), losing the playoff final each of their first two seasons to the Charlotte Checkers. In their third season, 1976-77, the SHL would fold in January 1977 and leave the Gulls in first place with no league to play in. The Gulls would move to the AHL for the 1977-78 season, but would themselves fold due to financial difficulties after that year. The Gulls can claim NHL Hall of Famer Rod Langway as an alum.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Virginia.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
The headliner of the Spreadshirt Collection is our premium T-shirt. This is as perfect as perfect gets: it’s soft yet stretchy, a little longer than a standard tee and figure-flattering.ITEM RUNS SMALL.
- 100% cotton (heather gray is 95% cotton/5% viscose. Heather Blue & Charcoal Gray are 80% cotton/20% polyester. Heather Burgundy is 65% cotton/35% polyester) | Fabric weight: 5.29 oz (midweight)
- Fairly produced, certified and triple audited
- Optimized for vibrant print results
- Double-stitched ribbed collar and hems
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.