The Hampton Gulls started as an expansion team in the SHL's second season. They played at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton Roads, Virginia. The Gulls were immediately successful under coach John Brophy (future Maple Leafs coach and EHL legend), losing the playoff final each of their first two seasons to the Charlotte Checkers. In their third season, 1976-77, the SHL would fold in January 1977 and leave the Gulls in first place with no league to play in. The Gulls would move to the AHL for the 1977-78 season, but would themselves fold due to financial difficulties after that year. The Gulls can claim NHL Hall of Famer Rod Langway as an alum.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Virginia.
This shirt features a clean design.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This classic tee offers plenty of room and is ideal for most body types. Contoured and side seamed for a feminine fit ITEM RUNS SMALL.
- 100% preshrunk cotton (heather gray is 90% cotton/10% polyester. Heather Pink, Purple, Coral & Black are 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Product runs small, check size chart
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Durable and reliable
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.