The Hampton Gulls started as an expansion team in the SHL's second season. They played at the Hampton Coliseum in Hampton Roads, Virginia. The Gulls were immediately successful under coach John Brophy (future Maple Leafs coach and EHL legend), losing the playoff final each of their first two seasons to the Charlotte Checkers. In their third season, 1976-77, the SHL would fold in January 1977 and leave the Gulls in first place with no league to play in. The Gulls would move to the AHL for the 1977-78 season, but would themselves fold due to financial difficulties after that year. The Gulls can claim NHL Hall of Famer Rod Langway as an alum.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Virginia.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.