The Thunder joined the Vegas Strip and the IHL in 1993, playing at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center. The team was successful on the ice, making the playoffs five of their six seasons in the desert. They were also known for making big name splashes when it came to players, picking up NHL holdouts and other big names along the way. They signed Alexei Yashin during the 1994 lockout, Petr Nedved and Curtis Joseph during their holdouts, and other popular names like Manon Rheaume and Brent Gretzky. Over the years they were coaches by some big name former pros as well, as each Butch Going and Bob Bourne spent a year in charge.
Off the ice, the team's mascot was Boom Boom, a really angry looking hockey playing polar bear who wield a hockey stick and a lightning bolt, which makes for a super 90s sports logo. The team was successful in Vegas, but ultimately were unable to renew their lease when it ran out in 1999 and folded as there were no viable alternatives.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Vegas.
This shirt features a clean logo on the front.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you're looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you've come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from our t Collection is everything you could ask for: it's warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- Brand: Spreadshirt
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.