The Thunder joined the Vegas Strip and the IHL in 1993, playing at UNLV's Thomas & Mack Center. The team was successful on the ice, making the playoffs five of their six seasons in the desert. They were also known for making big name splashes when it came to players, picking up NHL holdouts and other big names along the way. They signed Alexei Yashin during the 1994 lockout, Petr Nedved and Curtis Joseph during their holdouts, and other popular names like Manon Rheaume and Brent Gretzky. Over the years they were coaches by some big name former pros as well, as each Butch Going and Bob Bourne spent a year in charge.
Off the ice, the team's mascot was Boom Boom, a really angry looking hockey playing polar bear who wield a hockey stick and a lightning bolt, which makes for a super 90s sports logo. The team was successful in Vegas, but ultimately were unable to renew their lease when it ran out in 1999 and folded as there were no viable alternatives.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Vegas.
This shirt features a clean logo on the front.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This classic tee offers plenty of room and is ideal for most body types. Contoured and side seamed for a feminine fit ITEM RUNS SMALL.
- Brand: Fruit of the Loom | Product ID: L3930R
- 100% preshrunk cotton (heather gray is 90% cotton/10% polyester. Heather Pink, Purple, Coral & Black are 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Product runs small, check size chart
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Durable and reliable
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.