This being a team from the 1970s and the Southern Hockey League, it's only natural that a hockey team was named after a sexual pun that also happens to be a bird. Based out of Macon, GA, the Whoopees played only one season but left us with a franchise name for the ages. The team was started by the SHL itself to fill in a sixth team for the 1973-74 season and capitalize on the potential of hockey in Georgia, as the NHL's entry into Atlanta came the year prior. Unfortunately, hockey in Georgia didn't pan out in the 1970s for either the NHL or the SHL. The Whoopees would fold in the middle of their first season.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Georgia.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.