The Nashville South Stars only lasted one year in the CHL, 1981-82. But don't let that distract from the fact that they left behind one of the best and most 1980s-ified logos in a hockey player wielding a guitar instead of a stick. He looks ready to smash that over his opponent's head like a wrestler.
The CHL's South Stars also get credit for reviving hockey in Nashville, as they were the first team in the city since the hey day of the Nashville Dixie Flyers nearly a decade earlier. lost in round one of their final and only season, and can claim five games from Don Beaupre as probably their most accomplished alumni. Following 81-82, the team folded and another ACHL franchise with the same name was started in its place for 1982-83. The ACHL version of the South Stars would move to Salem, VA and become the Lancers in the middle of the 1983-84 season.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Tennessee.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.