After the 1964-65 season, the Minneapolis Bruins headed south and stopped in Oklahoma, becoming the Oklahoma City Blazers. The Blazers were still associated with the same pro team, which game them their yellow and black colors. The Blazers would win CHL playoff titles in each of their first two seasons. They also made the 1969 finals, falling to the Dallas Black Hawks in five games. After the 1971-72 season, their pro affiliate pulled the plug on the team. However, the Blazers would be reborn for the 1973-74 season with a different affiliate. In 1974, they again would lose in the finals to Dallas. 1976-77 would be the Blazers final season, as the again were shut down by their pro affiliate. OKC would not go long without hockey though, as the OKC Stars would soon join the CHL.
The Blazers would also be reborn in the 1990s in the new CHL, with red, yellow and black colors. This version of the Blazers would call Oklahoma home for 17 seasons until 2009. They would win CHL titles in 1996 and 2001.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Oklahoma.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.