The Philadelphia Firebirds joined the NAHL for the 1974-75 season with possibly one of the oddest bird logos ever. The red and yellow logo comes together to spell an 'F' for Firebirds with a wild color scheme. On the ice, the Firebirds would find success with future NHL netminder Rejean Lemelin, and an NAHL title in 1976. Following the 1976-77 season, the Firebirds moved to the AHL. The team would play two more seasons in Philadelphia after that before moving to Syracuse, NY for one final season. Long time NHL referee Paul Stewart played for the Firebirds, as well as 1980 Olympic hero Mike Eruzione.
This would make a unique gift for the Philadelphian in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from the City of Brotherly Love.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.