The Providence Reds are a truly historic team in hockey history. They are the oldest continually operating minor league team in North America, having played every year since 1926. The Reds started play in the CAHL in 1926 (the precursor to the AHL) and called that league and the Rhode Island Auditorium home through 1972. The Reds were regular season champions nine times and can lay claim to four Calder Cup wins: 1938, 1940, 1949, 1956. They would move to the Providence Civic Center in 1973, and play there through 1977. After that the team was moved to Binghamton, and still exists today as the Hartford Wolfpack.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Rhode Island.
This shirt features a clean design on the front.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This is our best seller for a reason. Relaxed, tailored and ultra-comfortable, you'll love the way you look in this durable, reliable classic.
- Brand: Fruit of the Loom | Product ID: 3930
- 100% pre-shrunk cotton (heather gray color is 90% cotton/10% polyester, light heather gray is 98% cotton/2% polyester, heather black is 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Special Note: Mineral Wash colors have a slight yellow tint and not one is the same due to the special dye process
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.