The Tucson Mavericks played just one season in the CHL; 1975-76 and won only 14 of 76 games. The team was originally started as a minor league affiliate for the WHA's Phoenix Roadrunners who joined that league in 1974-75. The Mavericks planned to come back for a second season despite being owed six figures from the Roadrunners. However, those plans were derailed when another group reached out to the City of Tucson about bring a team in and the city responded by doubling the Mavericks' rent, something they couldn't afford. Tucson has had a number of one-and-done teams over the years, but they currently have an AHL team heading into its fourth season.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Arizona.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
If you’re looking for a top-quality, instant-favorite sweatshirt, you’ve come to the right place! Our Premium Hoodie from the Spreadshirt Collection is everything you could ask for: it’s warm and cozy with a tailored and feminine fit, and it's built to last. This item runs small.
- 80% cotton / 20% polyester (heather gray is 85% cotton / 15% rayon, heather denim and charcoal gray are 60% cotton, 40% polyester)| Fabric weight: 8.3 oz (midweight)
- Contrasting, complementary-colored drawstring and inner necktape
- Stitched slit inside kangaroo-style pocket and a small loop inside the hood for headphone usage
- Reinforced cuffs and waist
- Combed-cotton exterior, fuzzy fleece interior
- Imported garment, processed and printed in the U.S.A.