The Checkers were the first professional team in the history of Columbus, Ohio and had a true crest for a logo. They started play in 1966-67 in the IHL the Ohio State Fairgrounds Coliseum and struggled to a last place finish in year one. They would get over .500 in year two with a 32-30-10 record in 72 games and make the playoffs. But that's about the best the Checkers would do. They would have a worse record in year three, but still make the playoffs, before an even worse showing in their fourth season. The Checkers would fold after four years due to poor attendance, but they did make an important contribution by introducing hockey to Columbus, which would become a big league market in 1997.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Ohio.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This is our best seller for a reason. Relaxed, tailored and ultra-comfortable, you'll love the way you look in this durable, reliable classic.
- Brand: Fruit of the Loom | Product ID: 3930
- 100% pre-shrunk cotton (heather gray color is 90% cotton/10% polyester, light heather gray is 98% cotton/2% polyester, heather black is 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Special Note: Mineral Wash colors have a slight yellow tint and not one is the same due to the special dye process
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.