This being a team from the 1970s and the Southern Hockey League, it's only natural that a hockey team was named after a sexual pun that also happens to be a bird. Based out of Macon, GA, the Whoopees played only one season but left us with a franchise name for the ages. The team was started by the SHL itself to fill in a sixth team for the 1973-74 season and capitalize on the potential of hockey in Georgia, as the NHL's entry into Atlanta came the year prior. Unfortunately, hockey in Georgia didn't pan out in the 1970s for either the NHL or the SHL. The Whoopees would fold in the middle of their first season.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from Georgia.
This shirt features a clean design.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This classic tee offers plenty of room and is ideal for most body types. Contoured and side seamed for a feminine fit ITEM RUNS SMALL.
- 100% preshrunk cotton (heather gray is 90% cotton/10% polyester. Heather Pink, Purple, Coral & Black are 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Product runs small, check size chart
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Durable and reliable
- Available in a wide variety of colors
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.