The Wintson-Salem Polar Twins were named for the "twin city" of Winston-Salem, North Carolina in which they played. They joined the SHL for its inaugural 1973-74 as an expansion franchise in the Winston-Salem Memorial Coliseum. In each of their first three seasons, the Polar Twins lost in the first round of the playoffs. Prior to their fourth season, the team was sold to Jim Crockett Jr, the famous wrestling promoter. Unfortunately, the Polar Twins wouldn't finish their fourth season, folding along with the SHL in January 1977.
This would make a unique gift for the hockey fan in your life or a neat find for yourself of a vintage hockey team from North Carolina.
This shirt features a clean logo.
Free standard shipping, no minimum. Please note that we are a print-on-demand shop, which means that we will create your products upon receiving your order. Learn more >>
About the shirt from the manufacturer:
This is our best seller for a reason. Relaxed, tailored and ultra-comfortable, you'll love the way you look in this durable, reliable classic.
- Brand: Fruit of the Loom | Product ID: 3930
- 100% pre-shrunk cotton (heather gray color is 90% cotton/10% polyester, light heather gray is 98% cotton/2% polyester, heather black is 50% cotton/50% polyester) | Fabric Weight: 5.0 oz (mid-weight)
- Double-stitched seams at shoulder, sleeve, collar and waist
- Special Note: Mineral Wash colors have a slight yellow tint and not one is the same due to the special dye process
- Imported; processed and printed in the U.S.A.